Saturday, December 24, 2016

For Unto You




I'm sure by now, most, if not all, of you have realized that I'm just a Jesus chick trying to figure out this life the best that I can. I'm by no means perfect. Thankfully, Jesus doesn't require that, so we're all good.  Thank you, Lord, for blessing me anyway. Not only do I get to spend another Christmas loving this crazy family of mine, but I am loved by the very one who makes it all possible. It seems too good to be true sometimes.

So, as I sit in my mama's living room on this Christmas Eve listening to the sounds of my family sleeping, I am reflecting on our family and the many wonderful blessings God has given us. One of the best  blessings is all the time we spend together creating traditions. My hands down favorite is watching Christmas movies with my family. 

Of all the Christmas movies played this time of year, A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my favorites. I bet I've seen it at least fifty times. Like almost everyone who watches it, my heart is stirred by poor Charlie Brown as he searches for the true meaning of Christmas. The harder he tries to figure it out, the worse things become for him. It seems poor Charlie Brown is never going to figure it out. Then, his best buddy Linus lays it all out for him. It makes the hair stand up on my arm every time.



Imagine a world in which a friend lovingly relates Christ to another just like it was common knowledge. Imagine how the world would respond. Imagine how joyous Christmas would be if we all realized the true meaning of Christ's coming. 

God came down. For you.

It's all for you, my friends. All of it. He came for you. He died for you. If you were the only one he could save, he would have come anyway. He loves you that much. 

Tonight, on the holiest of nights, I just really wanted you to know that. God loves you. Jesus was born and died just for you. And He would do it again if that meant he got to spend eternity with you.

What a precious gift.

Have a blessed and merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment